Thursday, April 28, 2016

CONTENTMENT

Having just turned the page on another year of incarnation I feel a profound gratitude around the realization that I am finally content to be exactly where I am. I am certainly not devoid of intentionality, especially where Soul evolvement is concerned. I am finally at a place in consciousness where I realize that nothing out there has ultimate authority over what is happening in here. I am living at a level of self-regulation that is far more fulfilling than trying to get satisfaction from arranging the conditions of my life experience to suit my personality self. This does not mean that I don’t have preferences. This does not mean that in some cases my preferences are not strong. It simply means that they are no longer demands.

My contentment does not come from getting my own way. My fulfillment does not come from controlling externals or from getting you to treat me in the ways I think you should. My contentment comes from the inner atmosphere in which I choose to dwell. My fulfillment comes from showing up in ways that are true to my values and in alignment with my sacred purpose. I no longer live in the trap of the “when-then.” When this happens out there then I will be peaceful and content in here. Nope. When I am peaceful and content in here the likelihood is that the externals will fall into place without my manipulation. And even if they don’t I am already peaceful and content.

I have come to the conclusion that I am enough and so I know life is enough. In an expanding Universe there will always be more but for me enough is truly enough. This is radical compared to my former way of thinking. I was brought up to believe I was never enough. And so I saw a world that was never enough. No more. I am content to realize that there is a Presence within me that is the seat of my contentment and joyfulness. That Presence is my internal compass. Contentment is my barometer. And peacefulness is my power.

I am exactly where I am meant to be doing exactly what I am meant to be doing. How do I know? Because I am here in this present moment and I am doing this. Just this. And I am content that it is so.