Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR: 2016 YES!

Happy 2016 to all of you! I have designated this year as my YEAR OF YES. I am committed to living in the energy of YES throughout this year. This means I will internally say YES even when my circumstances seem to be saying no. This means I will say YES even when my programming is screaming no. This means I will repeatedly come back to YES, regardless of what is happening in and around me. YES, YES, YES.

So though it is a New Year's holiday, and my body is somewhat tired from yesterday's activities, I am saying YES to the prompting to share an excerpt from an e-book I wrote a few years back. This is Day One of a forty day collection. I am saying YES to the desire to finally publish some of my writings during 2016. Until then, please enjoy a snippet from my heart. Though written a while back, it still rings true for me on this New Year's Day.

,br> Day One There is something unique, special, magical, and yet daunting about an individual or collective demarcation point in life. A common collective demarcation is the bringing in of a calendar New Year. Many people individually choose to observe a birthday in a conscious and intentional way.

There are myriad examples of these choice points,perhaps the most dramatic being that of a near death experience. These are often spoken of in hushed and hallowed tones. This is perhaps appropriate in that they may drastically alter the way in which we view and participate in our life experiences.

To realize at a felt sense level that we are finite beings can be a profound and miraculous wake up call. It invites us to really take a good, intimate look at how we have been living. What quality of attention have we been bringing not so much to the grander occasions of our lives, but especially to what is usually thought of as the more mundane and ordinary aspects of the day to day? How engaged are we in our moments? How congruent are our thoughts, feelings, activities, and interactions? How present are we when no demarcation is calling for heightened awareness? How present am I to my own Presence? How much of my surroundings am I actually cognizant of, and how curious am I about the astounding capabilities of my own inner workings?

Each moment is demarcation if we are paying attention. Perhaps that is the richest of all invitations. To pay attention to attention. To reside in a state of perpetual curiosity and awakened awareness. To be less intrigued by the near death, and more committed to the now life.

What is this moment of demarcation calling you to, my favored friend?