Thursday, November 1, 2018

THOSE PEOPLE

The road to hell is paved with the notion of those people.

Them.

They.

“What are we going to do with those people?”

It felt as if the words put a vice grip around my heart.

I do not know what you are going to do with those people. I am going to love them.

In the ultimate spiritual sense there truly are no “those.” There is no “they.” No “them.” There is One. There are multiple expressions of the One I Am. My experience of that One is known by how I treat the illusory “those.” In how I open to and welcome “them.” In how I feed those who are hungry. Clothe they who are naked. Shelter the ones who are in danger or homeless. In that way, and only in that way, am I welcomed, fed, clothed, sheltered. In that way God becomes an activity within me. Otherwise it is mere concept.

The road to heaven is paved with acts of Godness.

Godness towards “them.”

Love with “they.”

Compassion and kindness with “those” people.

My God is only as Good as It is directed toward them.

Love is the only politic worth living.

I love those people in order to know myself a